Thursday, September 3, 2009

Who KIlled Country Music?

The title of my blog says it all really. Country music as it exists today for the most part sucks. Sure you have a few traditional country artists like Brad Paisley to name one that still sing good country music. In my opinion 95% of country music today should be put in a separate category and call it Pop Country cause that's what it is more pop music than country.

There is to much crap music to mention here but a perfect example is Big & Rich's Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy. I'm sure y'all have seen the video with the midget clowns and elephants and dancing show girls. What kind of crap is that I don't know it sure as hell ain't country music. Another example is Trace Atkins, I use to love Trace's music until he did that god awful Badonkadonk rap crap song. He's not country anymore to me, he's sold out and the writer of the song Jamey Johnson, if he writes another piece of mess like that I'm done with him. He has a great country voice he just needs not to start writing songs that record exec's tell him to and do his own thing.

So what you will see on my little blog is traditional country music videos and photos of real country music artists going back all the way to the original Hank Williams. Later on I'm going to make a list of what I consider country music artists and they will be in no particular order except it will have George Jones at the top and then Vern Gosdin. Everybody else comes in third compared to those two.

0 comments: